Owners Insurance

In addition to Title Insurance you want to purchase several other types of insurance to protect your property and contents. You pay an annual or semi-annual premium charge for these coverages.

Homeowners Insurance
Homeowner’s insurance provides fire, theft and liability coverage. Homeowner’s policies are required by lenders.Homeowners Policy

Flood Insurance
Generally required in high-risk flood-prone areas, this insurance is issued by the federal government and provides as much as $250,000 in coverage for a single-family home plus $100,000 for contents.

Home Warranty
Home warranties are typically one-year service agreements purchased by sellers and offered as an incentive to the buyers. In the event of a covered defect or breakdown, the warranty firm will step in and make the repair or cover its cost. The warranty usually covers major appliances,heating, ventilating, air conditioning, pumps, fans and blowers. If the seller does not offer a home warranty your Exclusive Buy Side Realtor AssociateĀ® can make a home warranty available for your purchase.

When  do you get Insurance?
Speak to your insurance broker as soon as the closing date has been set so you have ample time to obtain a certificate of insurance for your lender. Be sure to ask about limitations, costs, deductibles and “endorsements” (additional forms of coverage that may be available).